



So I have had a few friends ask how to paint these fun pieces of furniture ( ok so I left out this was the project from HECK) so this is all for you. Yes is is on FB but some of my friends don't go there so here it is again....FIRST try and wait until it warms up so you can use spray paint--KILZ is the BEST!! That would have been sooooo much easier!!! STEP 1 would be to give the piece a good scrubbing and I did some light sanding in the scratched areas. STEP 2 PRIME IT WELL!!! Again KILZ primer. Just be CAREFUL of no DRIPS!! STEP 3 PAINT...My paint was AWFUL so I will stick with my good old Walmart paint! Again KILZ spray paint is great! STEP 4 Glaze the good stuff. I picked up some pretinted glaze at Lowes...small plasic container next to all the glazes for like $10 --it's around $20 to have your own tinted....I'm cheap! It worked great and the color was fine. BUT you can customize your own color if you want to. THIS IS THE HARDEST PART>..put the glaze on and take the glaze off...over and over again until you feel like it has JUST ENOUGH!! I used a small paintbrush from the kids water color tray---thus the HECK part of this project!! Then a damp cloth to wipe off and a dry cloth to wipe off some more. I started on the drawers since they would be easier to repaint if I messed up and it gave me some great practice before tackling the big piece! STEP 5 SEAL YOUR PIECE...I have used good old polyurothane SP??? but now I use a POLYCRYLIC in a blue can at any hardware store. I think it gives a better seal. I always put it on with a sponge brush and make sure you don't put too much on and use long even strokes....So there it is!! and GOOD LUCK!! Hope this made sense and ignore any typos, mispelled words,etc. I'm in a hurry so I can go give stinky Sofie a bath!! FUN!
2 comments:
That is the most beautiful buffet I've ever seen! Love it!!!
BEAUTIFUL!!!
Post a Comment