Mom was leaving for the airport to pick up Becca and Grayson when Carter walked in the door crying and screaming "I think I broke my arm"!! As he held it up and the bottom half hung limply I could see right away his lower arm was no longer attatched to the elbow! Bryan raced him to the ER and I raced to the airport! NEVER a DULL moment around here! He was sent to Primary Childrens Hospital and after 6 hours of waiting he went into surgery. He basically sheered off the bottom of his elbow breaking it clean off and arm no longer attatched (he now has metal pins holding his arm and elbow together). Almost threw up looking at the xrays! All of the doctors and nurses commented about how brave he was during the whole painful ordeal! He asked for a BYU blue cast and the doctor had a sense of humor and put a UofU red streak on it too! We will not be having the rip stick or skate board anymore and are just happy they had to operate on his arm and not his head! Hope he feels better soon!


3 comments:
That is so sad. I hate those rip sticks, they scare me. Hope he gets feeling better soon.
Poor kid...He is a tough little guy.
Carter hope your arm heals fast! Garrett wants to come sign your cast this week. At least you got it doing something fun!
Post a Comment