Sunday, April 17, 2011

Blessing in disguise.....





I was a little worried about how Spring Break was going to go over with little to no "fun" things planned. Sarah having her tonsils out.... basically that ended any "fun" activities being planned. I wasn't sure what I was going to do to entertain the other three while Sarah was in bed and was pretty stressed about it... I was a bit sad about spending "Spring Break" this way and not at Disneyland or the beach...but in the end it was such a BLESSING!! Most of you know I am always busy busy busy doing something every minute of every day! And always feel like I have to be entertaining....Sarah's little tonsil surgery gave me the excuse to FINALLY do nothing special but take care of her needs. We lay in bed all that first day watching tv together and snuggling. She would cry and tell me thank you and that I was her "rock" and what would she do without me...It was nice to hear! and even nicer to spend time with her! Eventhough she talked my ear off the next few days (must be the meds that make her chatty and loopy) we enjoyed the time together. What a blessing it was to just "hang out" and spend time together!! The other kids did really well with keeping themselves entertained and being helpful. To be honest I did take them to swim lessons for an hour each day! So flopping around in the pool definately helped it feel like Spring Break! Plus they learned to swim in a week! I learned its ok to just breathe!! What a blessing!

1 comment:

Tiffany Robinson said...

EWW gross a picture of the tonsils...I didn't want to see that. I keep telling myself I need to have special time with each kid at least once a month. She will remember that forever:)