The other morning I was online about to order breaksfast with Santa tickets at $90 when I thought is this really what Christmas is all about???! So another thought occured to me - Bryan's cousins son is doing his eagle scout project collecting donations of food and clothing to take down to Mexico for Christmas. So last night we went to the grocery store and spent the $90 plus a bit more on beans, rice, flour, and oil to donate. The kids had fun throwing it all in the cart and of course getting an ice cream cone afterwards. We then put it all out on the front porch to be picked up and talked a little more about how blessed we are. I hope they will remember that Christmas isn't just about Santa and the ever growing "I want" list but also about Christ and serving others. Bryan will drive down to Mexico with his cousin on the 19th to help hand out Christmas and then drive home the next day. I hope every year we can find some way -big or small- to help others.
Friday, December 5, 2008
Keeping CHRIST in Christmas!
The other morning I was online about to order breaksfast with Santa tickets at $90 when I thought is this really what Christmas is all about???! So another thought occured to me - Bryan's cousins son is doing his eagle scout project collecting donations of food and clothing to take down to Mexico for Christmas. So last night we went to the grocery store and spent the $90 plus a bit more on beans, rice, flour, and oil to donate. The kids had fun throwing it all in the cart and of course getting an ice cream cone afterwards. We then put it all out on the front porch to be picked up and talked a little more about how blessed we are. I hope they will remember that Christmas isn't just about Santa and the ever growing "I want" list but also about Christ and serving others. Bryan will drive down to Mexico with his cousin on the 19th to help hand out Christmas and then drive home the next day. I hope every year we can find some way -big or small- to help others.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow that is great! Way to go Jana!
A-W-E-S-O-M-E Jana. Loved your Christmas letter/photo. Visit us, too! www.fiddledeetee.blogspot.com
what else do you need? we'd be happy to donate!
Post a Comment