I usually don't discuss politics BUT when I read an editorial today I was SHOCKED!!! Is this really where the stimulus money is going!? I didn't vote for OBAMA but I was optimistic and hopeful that MAYBE he could change things ( and so I could later say "Well I DIDN'T vote for HIM"!!!) If these numbers are true I'm so glad I didn't vote for him because this is just CRAZY!!!!!:
$400 million to prevent std's- can't people afford their own condom!?
$870 million to fight the flu- how about some over the counter thera flu!?
$345 million for Agriculture Dept. new computers- how much is a Dell?!
$650 million for coupons to replace the analog TV -Seriously!?????
$50,000 to build bbq pits in a park in CA? I want one too!
$6million for snow-making equipment in Minnesota. Come visit Utah!
$2.3 mil for a bicycle bridge in Wisconsin-take a different route and save $!
$750,000 for a skate boarding park- who pays the medical bills for broken bones!
$1.1 mil for a trail along the Grand Calumet River in East Chicago-again take a walk somewhere else that is free!!
And the list went on! I totally agree with the statement at the end of the article which reads: Out of sheer embarassment we should rise up and stop this nonsense immediately. It will fail to correct the recession and it will likely wreck the credit of the United States. More importantly is where is the common sense!???? I only had time to check out two of the above for accuracy: the analog $ is accurate and the bbq $ is accurate BUT if anyone finds out the above is inaccurate please let me know!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
read over here: http://deliciousanimals.blogspot.com
I recommend the last three posts.
I've heard that about the std's. Dumb huh? Jana- you crack me up!!! Thanks for brightening my evening.
Post a Comment